Studijski program - Language, Civilisation and the Science of Language
Podaci o studijskom programu
Vrste studija: Strukovne
Vežbaj online: -
Level of qualification
Bachelor's Degree Programme
Ministerial degree code
L-11 (Modern Languages and Civilisations)
Department of Linguistics and Comparative Cultural Studies
- Ca’ Bernardo, Dorsoduro 3199, 30123 Venice (Italy)
- Palazzo Cosulich, Dorsoduro 1405, 30123 Venice (Italy)
- Ca’ Bembo, Dorsoduro 1075, 30123 Venice (Italy)
For further information please contact the Department Teaching Office, email@example.com
Head of studies
Prof. Gerardo Tocchini (Teaching Committee Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Access to the programme
Limited admission, 850 available places in which:
- Anglo-American 150;
- French 170;
- English 420;
- Hispano-American 50;
- Russian 235;
- Spanish 290;
- German 180;
- Other languages 205.
Quota reserved to non-EU students residing outside Italy: 12 seats, of which 1 is reserved for a Chinese student living in China, under the Marco Polo Project.
To access the course, a previous suitable background is required. Each curriculum requires specific knowledge, which the student should have before enrolling the university in order to attend the course successfully. This knowledge may be verified before enrolling.
If the result of the test is negative, the student can enroll, but they receive a supplementary required exam (OFA), which means that the student must fill any gaps in their background through specific activities organized by the University.
To study English or Anglo-American language it is required, at enrollment to have a certified knowledge of English language at least at B2 level.
To study German language it is required, at the start of the lessons, to have language knowledge at least at B1 level.
The student will not be required to show any certification or pass any entry test.
More information on OFA for this programme is available on the webpage dedicated to admission requirements.
Admission with international qualification
Applicants with international qualification must have obtained a secondary school diploma after having completed at least 12 years of schooling. The preliminary evaluation of the qualification is mandatory. Procedures and deadlines are available on the dedicated online platform.
European applicants and non-European applicants with a permit of stay valid for enrolment must take the onsite admission test. Non-European applicants who need a visa for enrolment will take the admission test via Skype.
This degree programme provides a solid training in two foreign languages chosen among the seventeen languages offered. The linguistic skills vary (from B1 to C1) according to the chosen language and are completed by additional skills depending on the chosen curriculum. The Literatures and Culture curriculum develops the student’s knowledge of contemporary and classic literature and culture in the two chosen languages, skills in the analysis of literary texts and in understanding how they relate to their own context. The Linguistics, Philology and Language Teaching Research curriculum develops the student’s knowledge of language structures, in particular of the chosen languages, and skills in theoretical and applied linguistic, philology and language teaching. The International Politics curriculum develops the student’s knowledge of history and culture, policies and international relations, and historical and political dynamics of international and economic systems.
Languages for which teaching is active:
- Three-year languages: Albanese, Anglo-American, Catalan, Czech, French, English, Italian Sign Language (LIS), Hispano-American, Modern Greek, Polish, Portuguese and Brazilian, Romanian, Russian, Serbo-Croatian, Spanish, Swedish, German.
- One-year languages: Basque, Bulgarian and tactile Italian Sign Language.
- International Politics
- Linguistics, Philology and Language Teaching Research
- Literatures and Culture
Below is a list of some of the career opportunities, by sector, open to graduating students from the various fields of study:
Communication and public relations:
- Journalist (following enrolment in the press association in compliance with Law 69/1963);
- Internal communications manager in multicultural contexts;
- Foreign business communications officer;
- Corporate language consultant.
Information Communication Technology:
- Multimedia copy writer (linguistic and cultural support and consultancy for web designing)
Linguistic and cultural mediation:
- Reception, placement and training in Italian language and culture for foreigners;
- technical and cultural support (language support, collaboration for the development of special initiatives in cultural contexts);
- communication support for individuals who are deaf or with speech and language disorders;
- translation and publishing activities (including multimedia);
- cultural teaching (linguistic and cultural mediation);
- documentation (production, collection and dissemination of information in foreign languages);
- linguistic mediation in schools.
Tourism, hospitality and leisure:
- Tour guide (after passing the tour guide licensing test held by the Provincial authorities);
- International conference organiser;
- Travel designer;
- Cultural tourist operator;
- Operator in the accessible tourism sector (for people with sensory disabilities such as deafness).
Examination assessment and graduation
The educational activities include classroom teaching, workshops and internships, in order to acquire wide-ranging skills that can be readily transferable into the world of work.
Knowledge acquired by students will be assessed through written and oral exams during the entire university career.
The degree exam consists in preparing a paper/thesis, evaluated according to methods similar to those of written exams but not in the presence of the student. The supervisor may require an oral discussion of the paper/thesis, in case he/she considers it to be necessary.
Access to further studies
Professional Master’s Programmes (1st level) and Master's Degree Programmes
Vesti o studiranju
Povlašćene cene upisa: International School za Dan škole poklanja školarine manje i do 3.910 evra
Za ovogodišnji Dan škole International School vam je pripremio baš dobar poklon – popust na školarinu i do 3.910 evra! Žurka upravo počinje i traje do 15. juna!
Ti imaš ciljeve, mi imamo opcije! Studiraj Elektronski!
Ukoliko svoju budućnost vidiš u IT sektoru i ukoliko si spreman da u svakom momentu napreduješ i nadograđuješ sebe, Elektronski fakultet u Nišu je pravo mesto.
ITHS nagrađuje osmake: Besplatno školovanje za najbolje učenike
Škola sa uslovima za najperspektivnije IT školovanje otvorila je novi ciklus programa finansijske podrške za najbolje učenike koji izabranima donosi do 100% popusta na školarinu.
Saveti za polaganje prijemnog
Najbolje pripreme za upis na fakultet
Kvalitetne pripreme za prijemni ispit su izuzetno bitne kako biste upisali fakultet koji želite. Da biste na prijemnom ispitu prošli onako kako želite, neophodno je napravite dobar plan.
Ovo su zlatna pravila efikasnog učenja
Uspešno učenje nije privilegija genijalnih ljudi. Oni koji uče uspešnije samo primenjuju određene metode, tehnike i taktike.
Devet fraza koje pametni ljudi izbegavaju u razgovoru
Svima se dešava da kažu nešto što drugi pogrešno protumače. Razumevanje skrivenih značenja zahteva socijalnu svest, sposobnost da se razumeju emocije i iskustvo